"That's So Daniel" Day Camp By the numbers:
15 Children participants
11 Camper’s families represented
3 Young Adult Leaders
6 Adult Support Staff every day
3 Additional Adult Support Staff daily average
135 Lunches served
270 Snacks served
1 Post Performance Reception served
1 Band-Aid dispensed
1 Child sick day
- Latoya’s leadership was critically important! Her experience with drama and production was vital both in planning and execution of the camp. The camp simply could not have happened without her!
- The three young adult leaders were wonderful! They were both gifted and exactly the kind of young person we would want to put in front of children as positive role models. Their contribution to the camp was outstanding.
- The Children were excited and enthusiastic! They worked hard and took their responsibilities seriously. It was simply wonderful to get to know them!
- The children were very respectful of the adults and of one another. We achieved our goal and commitment to build a sense of Christian community and treat each other as children of God.
- The food support was excellent and very well received! The investment of time and energy in planning, shopping, and preparation was vital to our “Holy Hospitality” and communicated to campers and their parents that we really cared about the children.
- Without access to the additional space and capabilities of the House it would have been impossible to orchestrate the camp.
- Living Word folks showed up! By their presence they communicated both welcome and nurture.
- We developed and maintained the trust of the parents. They were consulted about important matters and appreciated being included.
- The parents were expressive of their appreciation and gratitude!
- One parent whose child has special needs, was amazed at what her child was able to learn over the course of the camp.
- Parents and children expressed interest in activities during the school year and camp next summer.
- People in the community have been impressed with what they have heard and seen of the Camp. The Camp was also received very positively by our close neighbors. We are building the kind of positive community presence that we would hope for.
- The Camp took a fair amount of resources and efforts.
- It was great to have so many children in our building!